Friday, July 26, 2013

Fab 4 at Flamingo Scraps

This month’s Fab 4 project really stumped me. After throwing several ideas around I decided on a old film canister. I cut the filmstrip on the Silhouette. I used 24 black and white pictures sized 2 inches. Also over the photos added some sheet protector also cut to 2 inches and applied with score tape before adding the photos. So it would actually look like film itself. You can take a look at Flamingo Scraps Blog and see the other girls awesome projects.


1) Pink Paislee Mistables patterned paper
2) Pink Paislee Mistables die cut card
3) empty Maya Road spool
4) Pink Paislee "Nantucket" wood shapes

I first started off and applied gesso to the ribbon holder then painted it black.

Here is a picture of the film canister closed with magnets. I used the wood pieces from Pink Paislee to close it up.

Here is how the film rolls out of the canister. To reveal the photos. This could easily taken 48 pictures….But I wanted to save the back to add my other nephew Chase’s pictures to it.

Film Canister with the label showing that also was included in the Fab 4 kit.

On this photo I showed where the canister was open from the top. You just pull the filmstrip out and then have to roll it back up when done looking at the pictures.

Other products used making this project that was not included in the kit was the black cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress Paint Honey Mustard, sheet protectors, Dot Magnets and some washi tape that was in my stash.

I have enjoyed this month’s Fab 4 project. Hope you get some inspiration from all of our projects!! Make sure you stop at Flamingo Scraps for all of the latest products released.







1 comment:

Shanna Shands said...

This is an awesome idea. Anne on G45 did a steampunk hat similar to this. I love the idea of a film roll though!