Friday, January 25, 2013

Fab 4 with Flamingo Scraps

Today is my Fab 4 at Flamingo. We had 4 products to create an item using anything we wanted as long as we used the 4 products provided. I chose Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante. With this project I backed the paper cut outs with chipboard to give this the pop up that it needed to stand out. I also used Multi Mat Medium to the fronts of all the pieces and distress inked with Vintage Photo after....so it would not bleed with the multi mat medium. Then I arranged it many times to get the look that I desired. I used the bead at the edge creating a charm look. The background I used the Proper Gentleman paper and then layered the tag on top hanging over the edge. Then I took and fussy cut the hat from the printed side of the paper, crackle painted it and added it to my Heart and wings from the Tim Holtz die. I colored the gem buttons with copic markers to make them match the motif. of my project and then the black button I used acrylic paint to brighten it up against the black background. The other button I just glued a thread label from the SteamPunk Debutante collection. I am please with the way it has turned out. I used several different items on this anywhere from Distress stains, Tim Holtz dies, Prima metal flowers, gears from my cousin in Idaho, Tim Holtz different metals. This project was so much fun...looking forward to creating another one of these with some of the new lines coming out from CHA. I hope you enjoy this project....you can check out the other Fab 4 projects from http://flamingoscraps.blogspot.com/. These girls are amazing!!! I can not wait to see what they do also!!!!

Fab 4 products

And here is what I created




Hugs~ Ramona

No comments: