Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Altered Mouse Trap magnets using Scraps For Flamingo Scraps

First off I would like to wish all a very Happy 2013!!!
For this month for my Design Team Project at Flamingoscraps.com. I have decided to use mouse traps….yes, new unused mouse traps.

First off I tore off any of the hardware that I wanted to get rid of….just make sure you do not tare of the trap part.

Second I painted the whole thing with Acrylic paint. (Any kind of paint will do) Do not worry about getting it on the metal it makes it look more vintage.

Third I cut my paper to fit the background and modge podged it on. Then using your inks, distress away!! Then modge podge the front of the trap

Forth I decorated with lots of trinkets!! And had fun!!

I used nothing but scraps from my last 2 books Teresa Collins Vintage Finds and Now and Then lines and the Fab 4 project Prima Romance Novel. I really enjoyed making these. Distress stain and then started building with various things like Prima Vintage Trinkets. If you get a chance to try these do so….I am going to try the Rat Traps next. LOL I know it sounds funny…..But fun!!


Products used on this project you can purchase at Flamingo Scraps that I used can be found at FlamingoScraps.com
Prima-Alencon Lace 1
Prima-Alencon Lace 3
Prima-Angelica Rose Fairy
Prima-Cabachon Lace 1
Prima-Vintage Trinkets Antique Brass
Teresa Collins-Now and Then-12x12-collection-pack





Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!
Hugs~
Ramona















Hugs~ Ramona

2 comments:

paperfusion said...

You outdid yourself again with these mousetraps!!!! Love following your journey! D

Lovebug Creations said...

How amazing!!! I'm in love with these!!! Fabulous Job, Ramona!!! :)