Saturday, December 1, 2012

November's Flamingo Four

For November, Design Team members Erin, Alicia, Cindy and I each received the following items:


Glimmer Mist (Clam Bake)
assorted wood veneers
lacy trim
an empty Maya Road tin

You can find Glimmer Mist, all sorts of veneers, beautiful trims and tins full of Maya Road goodies in the Flamingo Scraps store. After seeing the projects, you may want to make one or more of them for yourself! Flamingo Scraps Shop- http://flamingoscraps.com/shop/

When I received this Maya Roads tin I right away decided what I could do with it....Mini Album!! I first painted it with Tim Holtz Acrylic Paint Dabbers Pink Sherbet first and then a layer Elmer's Glue then Cranberry. Then I let it dry so I could start working on it. I just love how I got the wide cracks with this effect. Then I distressed it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to give it that Old and rustic look. I also sprayed Clam Bake Mist by Tattered Angels that had an green but old worn look to it. That gave me the sheen that I was desiring to. I used Prima Romance Novel 6 X 6 paper pack, chipboard, 3 index file cards (cut down) I also made hinges to connect the book pages together. These are the items that I used to make my Mini Album inside. Then I thought a closure....so I grabbed the lace that was in my bag and thought some distressing (dirty hands with Cranberry paint and Brushed Corduroy Ink still on my hands) sprayed it with Clam Bake ruffled it up and This was my finishing tie to this tin. I had so much fun with this challenge using something that I have not ever tried before!

Here is my project....hope you like!!








Hop on over to http://flamingoscraps.blogspot.com and you will see the other girls projects.

Hugs~
Ramona

No comments: