Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hello all today is Wonderful Wednesday here at Be Yourself Creations!! Hope you all are having a crafty day today. I would like to share one of my Crafty projects. I learned this technique at Prima Sweet Retreat and thought I would love to make a bag to carry some of my crafty stuff in. So I went to Michaels and found this cute book bag...with use of a 40% coupon. First I wetted down the bag and worked in Golden Fluid Acrylics Quinacridone Magenta. I had to do 2 coats to get the desired look that I wanted. I let air dry....you can use a heat too. But, with 100 degree weather I just set it outside then tossed it in the dryer to heat set it. I then took a foam step and took plain acrylic paint and stamped on the book bag. Next I got me some felt and made the flowers. Maybe an upcoming tutorial if anyone is interested. Made the bead elements for my center of the flowers using wire and glass beads and then used a button cording for around the edges, a doily and feathers curled. Hope you like my first creation for Be Yourself Creations!! Have a great day!!
Hugs~ Ramona

No comments: