Monday, December 29, 2014

Guest Design Team with Jamie Dougherty Bloom Girls using Free Spirit

I would like to thank Jamie for the opportunity to work with her awesome Bloom Girls! You can find their blog here. This was such a fun canvas to do. When Jamie sent me the Guest Design Team package… I knew that I wanted to use this Bloom Girl called Free Spirit and touch it with a bit of my Shawnee heritage. So I decided to use a quote from my 4th Great Grandfather Tecumseh in grey vinyl. On this canvas I traced the face on a separate piece of paper and cut it out then aliened the stencil up to the face and used Molding Paste and Gesso. Worked out really good….then I used watercolors on her face and then I used watercolors and Pan Pastels on her hair. If you look close to the face you can see that it looks like and Indian map from Finnabair’s paper collection. I let it set over night and then decorated it with Prima Flowers and embellishments. Hope you like my creation as much as I loved making this!!




Below you will find a list of items used in making this.
Bloom Girls 12X12 Stencil- Free Spirit Item #655350
Prima Marketing –Time Traveler’s Memories Paper Item #813956
Finnabair’s Prima Marketing Paper Item #960728
Prima Marketing Lace-Item # 921422
Prima Marketing Symphony Blend Amoroso Pink Flowers Item #537852
Prima Marketing Say it in Crystals Item # 560621
Prima Marketing Chalk Vintage Pink and Old Rose
Be sure you check out Jamie’s upcoming classes.

Hugs~
Ramona

No comments: