Friday, April 26, 2013

Fab 4 for April at Flamingo Scraps

This month’s 4 project I wanted to use as much of the products sent to me. This was extremely hard one for me. To have Maya Road Calendars, Pink Pasilee boxed letters, some Prima flower centers and a clip from Graphic 45. Wowers!!! I knew I wanted to make something with how the months roll past so quickly. So, what better way to express that on a canvas with the months flying. I used many media’s on this because I went to dark then to light….I needed to brighten it up some so threw on some purple Tattered Angels…still not bright enough…Tim Holtz Seeded Preserves Distress Paint….then some distress ink….nope…that did not do it. So I looked at my paint and thought Oh MY GOSH what am I going to do now!!! I picked the brightest turquoise I could find. And using a Stencil just started dabbing paint. I thought to myself it already looks like a dingy thing…..and it popped. Then I thought what if I outlined it with a black sharpie and that was the look I was trying to achieve in the first place. I am just thankful that Suzanne pushes us with these 4 item projects….because this one did push me to my limits!! Remember to stop by FlamingoScraps.com for all your Scrapbooking items.

Here are the 4 products sent to use...


Here is my project..











This is the poem-
“How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?”
― Dr. Seuss


Keep Calm and SCRAP on!!!
Hugs~
Ramona

No comments: