Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Vintage altered book for challenge at Marion Smith's

This Vintage Book is for a challenge at Marion Smith "A Piece of Craft" Blog. Marion works for Prima and is an outstanding artist. So, I decided to join in the fun. I got this book at a good will store. It smelled so old when I was working on it....Reminds me of how my grandmother's house used to smell. Brought back some of the best times of my child hood. She was the most awesome Grammy that anyone could have!!

With this book I used Tattered Angel's glimmer mist, Prima flowers and Prima Bling,(I changed the color of the pearl's with some Tattered Angel's Glim Glam I think is what it is called...some ribbon bought at Hobby Lobby, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Ink. I made the book charms with glass beads and charms from my collection. Hope you like what I have created....I loved making it and will make more of these altered books.

Front View


Side View


Inside View


Hugs~Ramona

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow ! Ramona I Love It It's Pretty .. Is This Just An Altered Cover Of A Book ..And The Inside Is The Original Book Itself Or Is It Altered Pages .??? Curious Lol

Marlene said...

Holy smokes woman.....your stuff just keeps getting more craftastic!

Maria said...

oh my just gorgeous Ramona! I love your altered book cover! What an artsy project! Love all the flowers! Thank you for linking and playing along in my Crafty Friday Mash Up Linky Party!!

Maria

Alexandra said...

You book is really stunning!
I love it.
Greetings Alexandra